Providing you with information on living/teaching in Korea, news from the ROK, and HSK events. Enjoy! ~The HSK team

Monday, February 15, 2010

HSK Restaurant Review -- My Ssong

Deep in the heart of Apgujeong lies Dosan Park and its surrounding areas. Lined with small restaurants and bistros boasting a variety of multi-cultural foods, Apgujeong won't disappoint! On a recent exploratory walk with a friend of mine, we came across a cute and quaint restaurant called My Ssong.The restaurant's interior is what some might consider a bit "kitsch", but at the same time endearing. It's got a clean and intimate atmosphere with a moderate amount of seating. The wise placement of mirrors hung on the wall created a seemingly larger space and the colors were bright, which added to its grandeur. The staff was kind and eager to serve. Plus the menu was in English for those of you who struggle with 한글.My Ssong is reminiscent of a "mom and pop" restaurant offering simple, yet filling menu choices. My Ssong put a Californian/modern twist on its fare with a items ranging from deep fried shoestring french fries to flatbread pizza. Both my friend and I opted for a flatbread pizza a piece. He chose the chicken pizza while I decided upon the tomato basil one. The crusts were light, airy and crispy and the flavors of the sauce mixed with the respective ingredients created a well-balanced melange. The pizza was a bit on the sweet side for my taste (as are many Korean-made pizzas), but I was not disgusted! A side of deep fried french fries made me feel like I was at the state fair again! The selection of desserts was mouth-watering as well. My friend and I split a piece of devil's food cake, which made up for the light pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment